A numeric operand's value is outside the range expected by an operator.
- an array or string index is out of
index must be in the range 0 to n-1,where n is the length of the array or
- a negative number appears where a non-negative number is required.
- rangecheck can also occur if a matrix operand does not contain exactly
- If the string is too small to hold the result of conversion, cvs
(and cvrs) executes the error.
- cvi executes a rangecheck error if a
real is too large to convert to an integer.
- If the length of dictstack array is less than the depth of the dictionary
stack, dictstack executes a rangecheck
- If the length of the execstack
array is less than the depth of the execution stack, a rangecheck error
- If execuserobject index is
not a valid index for the existing UserObjects
array, a rangecheck error occurs.
- put will execute a rangecheck error if
it is outside the range 0 to n-1 (where n is the length of the array or
- If readline completely fills the
input buffer string before encountering a newline character, it executes
the error rangecheck.
- setbbox's upper-right coordinate
values must be greater than or equal to the lower-left values. Otherwise,
a rangecheck error will occur.
- sethalftone : If the halftone
dictionary's HalftoneType value is out of bounds or is not supported by
the PostScript interpreter, a rangecheck error occurs
- setpattern: If the Pattern color
space does not have an underlying color space parameter, a rangecheck error
- show: If a character code would index
beyond the end of the font's Encoding, or the character mapping algorithm
goes out of bounds in other ways, a rangecheck error occurs.
- If numarray or numstring is exhausted by xyshow
before all the characters of string have been shown, a rangecheck error
index Postscript Index