An implementation limit has been exceeded
(for example, too many files have been opened simultaneously or a path has
become too complex).
offending command :
- save : There is a limit of 15 save states in Postscript.
The RIP uses 2 of these leaving 13 for use by applications.
Each application normally uses 2 or 3 save states but this can increase
if save states are used for font cashing or image cashing.
- clip, eoclip : The number of points in the path defined has become too
This is normally caused by creating a clipping path for an image that has
too many path changes. Using the Magic Wand tool in an image editor to define
the path is the main cause of this error. A level 1 postscript printer is
limited to 1500 points in a path.
- file: If the number of files opened by the current context exceeds an
implementation limit, a limitcheck error occurs. A level 1 postscript printer
is limited to 6 files
- dash : in a level 1 postscript printer the maxinum number of elements
in the dash pattern array is limited to 11.
- A Limitcheck error will occur on some imagesetters that use an internal
hard drive to store the description of the page. This will occur if there
is not enough free space available on the connected hard drive to store
the page image. Removing downloaded fonts should free up more disk space
index Postscript Index